So a couple other pregnant ladies in the blog-o-sphere have done these "What I Learned About Being Pregnant" so I wanted in on the action!
1. I agree with Lauren about not being prepared for your first child. Meaning that you can read all the books, talk to everyone and because everything is so different, you'll feel unprepared. But I can honestly say that I feel like we can handle whatever comes ;)
2. Heart-freaking-burn y'all. I've never had it in my life and I've had it a couple times now. Ugh ugh ugh!
3. Having to literally ROLL out of bed in the morning. It's pretty entertaining for Andrew to watch lol
4. Working at a school while pregnant is not healthy for your already-basically-nonexistant immune system. But the silver lining part? Those kids take such good care of you ;) All 28 of my kids love this baby and say bye to her everyday when I go home, and they make sure that I don't bend over or if I drop things, they are so careful with me ;) Love it ;)
5. Family is more important than ever. They are the one constant thing you can count on when your body is ever-changing.
6. Maternity clothes are a lifesaver! They're all I can wear now and they are so comfy ;) And let's also say that maxi dresses are a gift from heaven! Comfort and breezy in an Arizona desert, thank you maxi goddesses ;)
7. It's hard to resist ANY baby clothing! When we weren't sure what we were having, any and all clothes were tempting, now that we have a Little Miss coming, dresses and bows and shoes are the cutest things I've ever seen ;)
8. I am constantly hot. And I mean HOT! Apparently being pregnant makes you 10* warmer by default therefore I am constantly needing a fan pointed at me and/or fanning myself with paper on top of that.
9. My bladder is constantly full, I normally have a pretty small bladder anyways but now I have a baby dancing/standing/headbutting it, I get to see a lot more bathrooms hahahaha
10. Having Rory move around inside is one of the coolest things (and weirdest when she's in a mood) in the world. Andrew loves to feel her moving around and talks to her and she'll kick or punch back.
11. Horomones are crazy things. I'm often crying and laughing at myself for crying. Especially over a fallen fork, or a couple curtain brackets.
12. Back pain, swollen legs and feet are your new best friends ;) Lots of flip-flops and back rubs to help soothe it a little.
13. Having your best friend as your partner in crime also is the best. I'll give you an example.
Last night I has extreme side pain, extreme to the point of vomiting from the pressure. Like heartburn but in my left side so we called the doctor and he suggested antacids since my stomach is kinda over there. My parents were wonderful people and came to my rescue while Andrew was at work and they picked him up too ;) (see family is important) After they left, the pain came back with a vengence. So we had to call the doctor again, and he sent us to the hospital to check on baby girl and me. We get to the hospital and the pain stops. Abruptly.
Figures right? Well anyways, they check Rory first and she's moving around so much it was hard to get a read on her hahaha But she's completely fine and they transferred me to the ER to check about the pain in my side. After 2 samples, an ultrasound, and 5 hours later, turns out it was only a kidney stone. Yeah ONLY....yuck. But back to Andrew, he was such a great support guy/coach/keeping-me-calm person ever ;) He would just talk to me about anything OTHER than why we were in the hospital. He's the greatest hubs in the world ;)
So nutshell: Baby girl and I are fine. I'm a little sore still on my side and I'm gonna have to change a few things about how I move and groove for the next 6-8 weeks AND now we've already pre-registered at the hospital so when we go to deliver, we're already in the system and they have someone coming to help us sign Rory up for insurance ;) Silver lining to a crappy, sleepless night ;)
So yesterday at work the lovely ladies threw me a baby shower ;) It was so sweet and I was happy how many people came! First off, look at this adorable cake!!
Isn't it precious?! And delicious! Buttercream frosting and middle, oh make me drool ;) And Roberta said we had to have me in a picture with it
Forgive the wierd face, I wasn't sure if the button had been pushed hahahaha
Baby girl and I got so spoiled! She got so many cute things and I got so many useful things for her care and I'm so grateful to everyone for their generosity ;)
Kerry calls the bows satelite dishes and said every little girl needed them
hahahahaha ;) SOO many cute things! And many more came after these pictures! My friends at Emerson are the best ;) My kids even came in to visit on their way back to class from PE and they all gave me high fives while we tried to explain what a baby shower was hahahaha I was a little worried on how I was going to get all of this into my car by myself when Mrs Frank asked me if I wanted some helpers instead and I was so thankful for them! They came and carried everything! And they loved going on a mini field trip to the parking lot hahahaha
Just a sampling of her new clothes! I can't wait to dress her guys!! Ahhhhh! ;)
Here you will find love, magic, bookworm favorites, Disney tips, and a family on their journey to Happy Ever After!