Ok so I've been working on a project since last year and this trip to Disneyland helped me almost finish it.
When I first moved out to work at Disneyland, they sold these park maps that are huge, and have a ton of characters along the border, and all the lands represented, etc.
So I've been getting signatures, and now I am adding attraction pins to the map and am gonna get it framed to hang up in the house ;)
So here's a picture without flash and with flash, depending on which is easier to see ;)
And when we went, I wanted to get our silhouettes cut out on Main Street. I think they turned out really well don't you??
P.S. The middle frame was originally $200, but I got it for $42! It has pins in it from the park too ;) I fell in love with it and Andrew let me purchase it.
It's now hanging in our bedroom, and once the other map is framed it will be hung there too ;)
I can't wait for it to be finished!! ;)
Cleaning out my closets
I realize that we've just moved in, but man I didn't realize how much junk we had!!
Good grief! I have 3 closets full of stuff! And that's after Andrew and I had both cleaned out our rooms at our parents' houses....And for the record, I was living out of my suitcase after I moved back from Cali, cuz I didn't see any reason to unpack when I was going to be moving again in a couple months.
So my goal after we get back from California is to clean out our closets! I'm posting pictures so I can get motivated to actually fix them!
- First, the bedroom closet: Yeah I really need to reorganize it, although it has helped to get the bedroom cleaner! At least people can't completely see it hahahaha
- The linen cloest: This needs some serious rethinking....it worked for awhile but now it needs some new love
- The front room closet: Yeah those are definitely most of the bagsfrom our wedding gifts! I don't know what else to do with them except re-use them, although most of my friends are now married, and you can't really use a "Getting Married!!" bag for a birthday gift hahahaha
- The "pantry": I have to keep my snowglobes in here becauseI have no place to put them yet,
and they might have to stay in their boxes until we can afford a house and then I get my own room hahahaha well not really, I'll just be able to put up tons of shelves around the house. (out of child reach of course)
Anyone esle ready to do their spring cleaning?? Cuz you can feel free to come help me do mine hahaha ;)
A little mushy
I'm gonna be a little mushy. Prepare yourselves ;)
I basically have an amazing husband. He's such a sweetheart, and I truly am the luckiest girl around. I know I talk about him a lot, which I think is fine seeing as we're married and all.
Quick tangent: After I moved into our apartment, I couldn't find my journal. Now I don't write often in a journal BUT it had all the notes and letters from Andrew to me while we were dating, and some from his mission! I was devasted thinking that I had lost it. I knew it was in the apartment somewhere but couldn't find it.
Until today!! After Andrew went to work, I destroyed our closet looking for it, (and things for our Disneyland trip) and I found it in a box I had never unpacked!!
So back to my amazing husband, while reading the old notes he wrote to me, I realized that he's still just as cheesy, and adorable, and sweet to me as he always was.
Here's an example of what I mean:
"...but you inspired yet again,
and helped me write just what is true,
that through whatever strife or pain,
I always have and will love you."
He left that in the window of my car on a day that we knew we wouldn't be able to see each other.
Thank goodness I found them!! Plus I gotta keep them for my daughters one day, they'll wanna see how cheesy their father was ;) What have you found in your closet lately? Or what does your husband/loved one do that you just love??
Getting to Know Me
I noticed I gained a couple followers over the past couple days YAY!! And welcome to all!
Seeing as I have gianed some new friends, I thought I'd do a "getting to know me" post. Maybe a little cliche, but oh well ;)
Ok so first, I love my husband Andrew:
He is truly my all. I post about him a lot, cuz he's kinda the best ;) He served his mission in Argentina and loved it, came home speaking Spanish although Mexicans think it's funny cuz it's slightly different accent-wise. He works at Best Buy in the same mall that I work at ;)
I'm the oldest of 3:
In the middle is my brother Nick, currently serving a mission in Philly! He's been out 6 months and he loves it! My other brother, Trevor is an acting maniac! He's been in a ton of shows, and sings in his school choir. They're both great little bros ;)
I am a Disney freak and worked at Disneyland for 8 months last year, and currently work at my local Disney Store:
The top picture is of all the people I did mycollege internship there with, it was awesome! And the other one was taken after the park closed, and after we got to tour Fantasyland rides with no guests around, pretty much amazing!
I love the beach:
My former roomie Morgan and I like to take crazy pictures and this is one of my favorites ;)
I love old books:
I love the look, the smell, the plots. They just don't make books like they used to. Most of my favorites are European classics.
I am a huge Broadway freak:
I have seen every one of these shows but Color Purple, Tarzan, and The Producers. And some others that aren't on there like Les Miserables, 39 Steps, South Pacific. I grew up loving them thanks my parents and grandparents, and I love going to shows! I usually cry with the overture of like every show, it's ridiculous hahahaha
My goal is to one day travel the world with my husband:
Especially the European countries. I wanna visit the Holocaust memorials too, cuz I'm a big history freak. At one point in my life, I wanted to be a high school history teacher. That has since gone away hahahahahaha
My biggest goal is to be a mother someday. Obviously I don't really have a picture of that hahahahahaha but I truly can't wait til Andrew and I are able to start our family.
I currently work at a school with kindergarteners. ELD kinders too. They are the cutest little things and I love all 16 of them this year, and 22 of last year ;) They are the sweetest kids in the world, I always get a "Good morning Mrs. Ali!" when I walk in and it just lights up my day ;)
Hope that gives you a little insight into my life and whom you're dealing with when you read this ;)
Ok so since my family and I are going next week, I'm making my top list of things to do at Disneyland!
- Indiana Jones: It's my absolute favorite ride. I mean of all time! Hence the hat on my head in this picture. I took this on Indy's 15th brithday at Disneyland when I worked there.
- Small World: Yes the song is annoying BUT now there's Disney characters inside the ride! Oh yeah, makes it worth it ;)
- Space Mountain: It's become a family tradition to get our pictureon Space Mountain. Not buying it of course, but at least going a couple times ;)
- Build-your-own lightsaber: Oh how I loathed thee when I worked there! But I might be building myself yet another lightsaber....making the grand total 3 hahahahaha I like Star Wars ok??
- Haunted Mansion: One of my other faves. I like it more when it's just the regular Haunted Mansion,
not all done up for Halloween/Christmas. I like either version but I prefer the original.
- Peter Pan: We took this on our way to class one morning and it's the only time when there's no line, but I wait regardless of how long it is ;) It's my favorite Fantasyland ride.
- Sleeping Beauty: I really really hope I see her again. She's my favorite and I rarely see her,
so it's a goal for me ;)
- Pin trading: My mom got me started when we went for my 21st birthday, and I've been hooked! I have a ton of pins now......a whole book 3/4 full and I can't wait to get more! Plus trading is just so fun!
- Picture taking: This is where my husband proposed and I'd like to get a picture of me and him standing here rather than my bro. Not that I don't love him too but ya know. I loved taking pictures with the PhotoPass people. They are so funny and creative, and nice. The service is free peeps, and you can view your photos for free and they can take pictures with your cameras too. So utilize them. I plan to ;)
- Visit Mickey: I mean, he is technically still my boss. So I should probably visit and say hi to him ;)
- Splash Mountain: I'm kinda bummed that this will be under refurb when we go but oh well. I like this ride, even after climbing all the way up there, and getting soaked, and getting that annoying song stuck in my head. This picture was taken my first time on it hahahahahaha see the terror?
- Morgan: I'm super excited to see my former roomie! She still works there and we're still good buddies, I'm excited to hopefully get to spend some time with her! She's also a PhotoPass photographer, so say hi if you see her!
- Fantasmic!: My favorite show!I love this so much! If you haven't seen it, youtube it and then go see it for real. It's 10x better in person!
- Tower of Terror: My husband doesn't particularly like this ride, but he's going with me whether he likes it or not mwahahahahaha!
- Turtle Talk with Crush: So hilarious!! If you loved Crush in the movie Finding Nemo, he's even better now. He comes swimming up and answers all your questions and fun stuff happens too! It's a must-see in the Animation Studios in DCA.
- Beast's Library: In this part of the Studio, you can discover who you are as a good guy or villain. I've gotten many different responses: Nala, Mushu, Lady, Ursula, Yzma, etc.
- Toy Story Mania: But only once. I can only stand in that freakishly long line one time! It's always like 45 minutes long......ugh......so once is good ;)
- World of Color: The new water show in DCA. It's amazing! All water, lights, and music. So good! Again, YouTube it then go see it for real!
So here's my list! I'm stoked to go for Spring Break (even though most of the state of Arizona is going that week) and I can't wait to see everyone!!
P.S. Another happy thing is I get to wear this all around the park for those 3 days:
Woot! Oh yeah and Andrew will be wearing one too ;)
Ok so it's not very "tutorial" ish cuz it's hard to take pictures in the midst of it all but I have some pictures to help describe how to do it.
Ok so you get: flowers, (I got mine from Michael's cuz they give teacher discounts but any fake flowers will work) felt pieces, (again at Michael's for .29 each), hot glue, any embellishments, (jewels and such) and hair clips from anywhere.
SO first, you cut the flowers down to their stubs.
Hot glue a piece of felt at least 1 inch around, and big enough for the clip to fit on, to the flower stub.
After you have hot glued the felt to the flower, simply hot glue the clip to the felt.
Now don't be silly like me and forget to only glue the ONE side, open the clip and wait for it to cool before closing it so it can't accidentally stick to itself and therefore become unusable.
I ended up putting smaller flowers inside bigger ones on occasion, to add some "oomph". Looks pretty good eh?
After 5 hours I had these 9 (I stopped to take breaks and to wait for things to cool, no worries, it doesn't actually take that long)
And now I've added the greens and the big orange one, as well as a purple/white/yellow rose one.
These are all the flowers I still have left to use later on! I've not been this excited for a project in a long time, and I have tons more I want to do once summer starts! If anyone has any questions, or anything's unclear, please comment and I will answer them!
Here you will find love, magic, bookworm favorites, Disney tips, and a family on their journey to Happy Ever After!